The HPE FlexFabric 5900 Switch Series is a family of high-density, ultra-low-latency, top-of-rack (ToR) switches that is part of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) FlexNetwork architecture's HPE FlexFabric solution. Ideally suited for deployment at the server access layer of large enterprise data centres, the HPE FlexFabric 5900 Switch Series is also powerful enough for deployment at the data centre core layer of medium-sized enterprises. With the increase in virtualized applications and server-to-server traffic, customers now require ToR switch innovations that will meet their needs for higher-performance server connectivity, convergence of Ethernet and storage traffic, the capability to handle virtual environments, and ultra-low-latency all in a single device.
• Cut-through with ultra-low latency and wire-speed
• HPE Intelligent Resilient Fabric (IRF) for virtualization
and two-tier architecture
• High 1/10GbE ToR port density with 40 GbE uplinks
• IPv6 support in ToR with full L2/L3 features
• Convergence ready with DCB, FCoE, and TRILL
Help other ACT Networks users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.