The PCIe3 16 Gb 2-port Fibre Channel Adapter is an x8, generation 3, PCIe adapter. This adapter is a high-performance 8x short form adapter also referred to as a PCIe Host Bus Adapter (HBA). The adapter provides two ports of 16 Gb Fibre Channel capability using SR optics. Each port can provide up to 16 Gb Fibre Channel functions simultaneously.
Each port provides a single initiator capability over a fibre link or with NPIV, multiple initiator capability is provided. The ports are SFP+ and include an optical SR transceiver. The ports have little connector-type (LC) and utilize shortwave laser optics. The adapter operates at link speeds of 4, 8 and 16 Gbps and will automatically negotiate to the highest speed possible. LEDs on each port provide information on the status and link speed of the port.
The adapter connects to a Fibre Channel switch at 4 Gb, 8 Gb or 16 Gb. It can directly attach to a device without a switch at 16 Gb. Attachment without a switch is not supported at 4 Gb or 8 Gb.
N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) capability is supported through VIOS.
The adapter has the following features:
- Provides an x8 lane link interface at 14.025 Gbps, 8.5 Gbps, or 4.25 Gbps (automatic negotiation with system)
- Provides support for one Virtual Channel (VC0) and one Traffic Class (TC0)
- Provides configuration and I/O memory read and write, completion, and messaging capabilities
- Provides support for 64-bit addressing
- Provides error correction code (ECC) and error protection functions
- Provides link cyclic redundancy check (CRC) on all PCIe packets and message information
- Provides a large payload size of 2048 bytes for read and write functions
- Provides a large read request size of 4096 bytes
The adapter provides an end-to-end data path parity and CRC protection, including internal data path random-access memory (RAM)
- Provides architectural support for multiple upper layer protocols
- Provides comprehensive virtualization capabilities with support for N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and virtual fabric (VF)
- Provides support for message signaled interrupts extended (MSI-X)
- Provides support for 255 VFs and 1024 MSi-X
- Provides an internal, high-speed static random-access memory (SRAM) memory
- Provides ECC protection of local memory that includes single-bit correction and double-bit protection
- Provides an embedded shortwave optical connection with diagnostics capability
- Provides support for an on-board context management by firmware:
- Up to 8192 FC port logins
- I/O multiplexing down to the Fibre Channel frame level
- Provides data buffers capable of supporting 64+ buffer-to-buffer (BB) credits per port for shortwave applications
- Provides link management and recovery that is handled by firmware
- Provides on-board diagnostic capability accessible by an optional connection
- Provides a performance up to 16 Gbps full duplex
Help other ACT Networks users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.