The FC EN15 and EN16 are the same adapters. FC EN15 is a full-height adapter, and FC EN16 is a low-profile adapter. The names of these two adapters are:
FC EN15: PCIe3 4-port 10 GbE SR Adapter
FC EN16: PCIe3 LPX 4-port 10 GbE SR Adapter
The PCIe3 4-port 10 GbE SR Adapter is a PCI Express Generation 3 (PCIe3), x8, short form-factor adapter. The adapter provides four 10 Gb small form-factor pluggable (SFP+) optical SR transceiver ports. The ports have little connector (LC) duplex-type connectors and utilize shortwave laser optics and MMF-850nm fibre cabling. See Cables for more information about the optical cables. The adapter supports the Ethernet network interface controller (NIC) function and also provides SR-IOV NIC support. SR-IOV capability for the NIC function is supported with the appropriate firmware and operating system level for any of the four ports. Enabling the SR-IOV function requires an HMC.
The adapter provides the following features:
- Four 10 Gb ports that can function in the NIC mode
- AIX Network Installation Management (NIM) support
- The adapter supports interrupt moderation to deliver increased performance while significantly reducing processor utilization
- The adapter supports multiple media-access control (MAC) per interface.
- The adapter supports integrated media-access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY).
- The adapter supports the following standards for the different ports and functions:
- IEEE 802.3ae in the 10 GbE ports
- Ether II and IEEE 802.3 for encapsulated frames
- 802.1p for setting up priority levels in tagged VLAN frames
- 802.1Q for VLAN tagging
- 802.3x for flow control
- 802.3ad for load-balancing and failover
- IEEE 802.3ad and 802.3 for link aggregation
- The adapter provides message signal interrupts (MSI), MSI-X, and support of legacy pin interrupts.
- The adapter supports jumbo frames up to 9.6 KB.
- The adapter supports TCP checksum offload transmission control protocol (TCP), user datagram protocol (UDP), TCP segmentation Offload (TSO) for
IPv4 and IPv6.
- Supports TCP segmentation or large send offload
- Supports EEPROM-SPI and single EEPROM
Help other ACT Networks users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.