|Form Factor||PCI Express 3.0 x8|
|Bracket Profile||Full Profile|
|Support||4Gb/8Gb/16Gb FC link auto negotiated|
|Data Transfer Rate||1600MBps/800MBps/400MBps/200MBps
autosensing (per port) with full-duplex
|Number of Ports||2-port 16GB FC SFP+|
|Transceiver Modules||2x FTLF8529P3BCV-EM|
|Connector Type||SFP+ / DAC|
|Supported media||16Gbps FC LC SFP+ short wave optical 850nm
|Distance Support||- 15m at 16Gbps on 62.5/125 µm OM1 MMF
- 35 m at 16Gbps on 50/125 µm OM2 MMF
- 100 m at 16Gbps on 50/125 µm OM3 MMF
- 125 m at 16Gbps on 50/125 µm OM4 MMF
|Thermal Solution||Passive (heatsink)|
|Servers Compatibility||- System x with Xeon E5/E7 v4/ E3 v5 processors
- System x with Xeon v3 / v2 processors
|Operating Systems||- Windows Server 2008 R2/ 2012 R2/ 2016/ 2019
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6/7/8
- SUSE Linux 11/12/15
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi)
The Emulex 16Gb Fibre Channel (FC) host bus adapters (HBAs) are part of a family of high-performance FC HBA solutions. These Generation 5 HBAs deliver exceptional performance, enabling small and medium businesses to experience unsurpassed robustness and reliability for a wide spectrum of servers, storage, and SANs.
This product guide provides essential presales information to understand the HBAs and their key features, specifications, and compatibility. This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about Emulex 16Gb FC HBAs and consider their use in IT solutions.
- Supports Generation 5 technology
- Frame-level multiplexing and out-of-order frame reassembly
- vScale performance and scalability
- 2x management functionality
- Unique HBA Manager plug-in for VMware vCenter
- GreenState power efficiency
- End-to-end data protection with hardware parity, CRC, ECC
- BlockGuard data integrity offload
- vEngine CPU offload
- Reliability and thermal characteristics
- Support for Message Signaled Interrupts eXtended (MSI-X)
- Support for 16 Gb, 8 Gb, and 4 Gb FC devices.
- Comprehensive virtualization capabilities with support for N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) and Virtual Fabric.
- Host-to-fabric Fibre Channel Security Protocol (FC-SP) authentication
- A common driver model allows a single driver to support all Emulex HBAs on a given OS.
- Reduces the number of cards, cables, and PCIe slots required.
- Integrates seamlessly into existing SANs.
- Allows application of SAN best practices, tools, and processes with virtual server deployments.
- Ensures data availability and data integrity.
- Universal boot capability allows the appropriate boot environment to be automatically selected for any given hardware.
- Boot from SAN capability reduces the system management costs and increases uptime.
- Detailed and real-time event logging and tracing enable quick diagnosis of SAN problems.
Help other ACT Networks users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.